Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Bookworm

I miss riding the bus to and from work. I’d wedge myself into a seat between another passenger and the window and get lost in a book. Now, I drive for hours a day and reading while doing so isn’t a good idea. Every now and then, I’ll binge read an ebook over the weekend, but I don’t seem to have nearly as much time for reading without the bus ride. I’m looking forward to an upcoming camping trip with minimal driving and lots of books!


Shirt, Banana Republic (thrifted). Skirt, J Crew (consignment). Shoes, Charles David. Sunglasses, Coco Sunglasses. Earrings, Charming Charlie. Belt, thrifted. Bag, Imoshion.


I love thrifting for books!

7 comments:

Sheila said...

I thrift books as well, mostly 60s sci-fi (I adore the cheesy covers). I recently thrifted a book of poetry by one of my former creative writing university professors (who is now dead). It felt like a gift.

I pledged this year to read more books than last year - I've read 20 so far, including one 800-page monster! My goal is 36, so I am well on my way. I am trying to turn off all media at 10:30pm and read in bed. It's been working really well.

I think I might like your blue-tinged hair even more than the pink! Will you make it to the Dark Purple Side and join me? :-P

Happy Weekend, Kasmira!

Kasmira said...

I'm doing "smokey amethyst" next!

EM said...

You should try audiobooks. They are great for hours in the car.

Kasmira said...

I listen to audiobooks and podcasts nonstop in the car (and when I'm doing chores at home). I still miss actually reading, though.

Erin said...

I also used to take advantage of my horrendous commute, by riding the light rail. It didn't save any time - but saved my sanity, and I read a ton also. Now I live 5 miles from work, so not as much reading these days. Reading while camping is one of my favorite part of camping!! Enjoy! Where are you headed?

Kasmira said...

I'm headed to Yosemite in July. My favorite place!

Beefy Muchacho said...

Sheila- I agree with you about the blue hair.