Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Girls

I’m not overly precious about my bosom. It is what it is. Neither big nor small. Neither droopy nor perky. I have an unremarkable rack and tend to focus elsewhere. So it surprises me when I happen to wear a low cut dress and suddenly receive solicitous attention from the men I encounter in my day. I’ll definitely wear a slip next time.


Kimono jacket, thrifted. Dress, Banana Republic (consignment). Shoes, Nine West. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, Epcot Morocco. Bag, Aldo.


Sometimes, my camera refuses to auto-focus when I first turn it on. It seems to be a defect with the model; this is the second Nikon D40 I’ve encountered with this quirk. It’s frustrating, but sometimes I like the blurry pictures:


3 comments:

Emily said...

I totally feel the same way about my "girls" - but I have had the same experience that you describe. I generally don't wear low-cut things, honestly because it feels drafty/uncomfortable to me at times, and also because I don't have cute, low-cut bras :) But when I do, it's amazing how some people's eyes just can't stay focused on my face ...

http://blog.breadandrosesvintage.com

Beefy Muchacho said...

I've said this to you before, but there's no such thing as an "unremarkable" bosom. They're like snowflakes.

Natassia said...

It is something that is going to happen.. any type of cleavage or accentuation of the curves will result in a lot of stares. It actually doesn't matter what the cup size is.. eyes will be pointed downwards.

Having said that, you look gorgeous in that dress with the red stiletto heels! And yes, that low-cut does ramp up the oompfh-factor! :)

Also, very skilled balancing on those rocks! ;)

YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram