Thursday, July 02, 2015

40 B4 40: 8 Month Progress

I’m three-quarters of the way through my 39th year. I’m getting my adventures done before I turn 40!

1. Get old timey photos of our family - Scheduled for July 5.

2. Skydive or hanglide - Done!

3. Take a Napa wine tour - Done!

6. Snowshoe - Done!

5. Stand-up paddle board - Done!

7. Camp with the dogs - Scheduled for mid-August, but with Jasper only. Jackson isn’t ready for this adventure.

9. Compete in an agility competition - We are scheduled for a NADAC competition on July 4.

10. Renew my passport - All materials are gathered and in an envelope. I continue to procrastinate the visit to the post office.

11. Pose for a photo with Mickey Mouse - Done!

12. Attend a Comicon - Done!

13. Dye my hair pink - Scheduled for July 17.

14. Teach Jasper to walk nicely on a leash - He’s improving.

15. Do a 365 Photo project - Daily picture success! Find my photos here.

16. Sew a garment - I started a skirt on Memorial Day. It has sat, zipper-less, waistband-less, and hem-less ever since.

17. Take a sewing class - I postponed my class. I need to reschedule.

18. Meditate - Do I really need to meditate?

19. See a live concert - We bought tickets for Apocalyptica, but only made it through a couple of numbers by the opening band before the crowds, noise, and “late hour” got to us. I now have a ticket for a 3 p.m. piano concert on a Sunday in August, just like the old person I am.

20. Go to a hot air balloon festival - Done!

21. Learn to 2-finger whistle - Done!

22. Do the splits - I’m looking for an adult ballet class to help me perfect my left and improve my right splits.

23. Show Dan my old Bridgeport haunts - scheduled for late September!

24. Finish making all the burgers in Veggie Burgers Every Which Way - In June, I made Tortilla-Crusted Stuffed Portobello Burgers, Beet “Tartare,” Ginger-Soy Tempeh Burgers, and “Garden” Burgers. I only have two recipes left: Seitan Burgers with Mango BBQ Sauce and Beet and Brown Rice Burgers.

25. Write one special content blog post per month - Done.

26. Sail - Planned for late August/early September.

27. Wallpaper a wall - I found another wallpaper I like, but it is even more expensive than my last choice. Back to browsing . . .

28. Participate in Toastmasters - I’ve given six speeches and won “best speech” four times! I’ve also served as toastmaster, evaluator, general evaluator, jokemaster, grammarian, and pledge/inspiration at meetings.

29. Ride a horse - I SAT on a horse at TxSC CAMP, but I wouldn’t qualify it as a horse “ride.” I’m planning a real ride in August.

30. Have a birthday party - Beefy and his cousin have begun planning my first birthday party!

32. Practice ambidexterity - My left hand activities: throw a frisbee, sling a ball, make checkmarks.

33. Learn a new piano song - I’m working on my song. I have extra motivation since I decided I would perform it (singing and playing) at my birthday party.

34. Raft down a river - Planned for late August/early September.

35. See a drive-in movie - Done!

36. Take a historical home tour - Tickets bought for the Preservation Sacramento 2015 Historic Home Tour, featuring Richmond Grove on 9/20!

38. Gaze at the stars - I have plans to watch the Perseids Meteor Shower in mid-August.

39. Send out holiday cards - Done!

40. Guest appear on a podcast - Done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed by your progress! Are these things you've "always wanted to do"? And what has kept you on track? Is it the fact that the list is public in a way? I have made multiple lists over the year, but never accomplished as much of them.

Looking forward to pictures of more of your accomplishments!

~J

Kasmira said...

Some are things I've wanted to do for a long time (but have never done) and some are things I've done before, loved, and wanted to do again.
A few things have kept me on track. As you mentioned, making it public helps. And it isn't just on the blog. I tell everyone about the list! Beefy is a big help. He is always pushing me to knock another off the list. And I want to write a book about the experience, so that is motivating, too.