Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Friday

This outfit wasn’t the most flattering, but I didn’t care because, this week, Wednesday is my Friday! I’m headed out to the Texas Style Council early Thursday morning.


Vest, AC-3998 (cut from a thrifted jacket). Sweater, Old Navy. Dress, Lipstick. Shoes and bag, Clark’s. Earrings, street fair. Necklace, vintage heirloom.


I was too excited about my upcoming trip focus on my 365 project, so all I have to offer is a crappy iphone picture of the vanilla wafers Beefy bought for me. I told him they were childhood favorites of mine and he surprised me with a package. It turns out that he’d never eaten wafers! He tried these and was not impressed. Maybe wafers are an acquired taste?

4 comments:

Rachel Frend said...

The strawberry wafers are my personal favorite!

Question about your vest: Did you do anything special when you cut off the sleeves as far as cleaning up the edges (like resewing the seams)? I have a jacket I want to convert into a vest and am wondering if it'll be too hard or if I can just chop off the sleeves and call it a day.

STAshworth said...

I too love the wafers. It may be a texture thing rather than a taste thing. My husband eats a variety called, I believe, Nutty Bars. Peanut butter in the layers and coated with chocolate. Decadent!

Kasmira said...

I cut the sleeves off the jacket as close to the seam as possible, but left the edges raw. Because I cut so close to the seam, there isn't much to fray.

C said...

there are some chocolate mocha wafers out there....nice w/ coffee..
of course if wafers get even the tiniest bit damp, they taste like wall paper paste...