Monday, February 02, 2015

Dirty Suede

Suede is such a scam. It entices you with it’s pettable nap and luxurious weight. But cleaning it usually costs more than you paid for the garment. Especially when you bought your yummy suede skirt at the thrift store.


Blazer, James Jeans. Shirt, Jones New York (thrifted). Skirt, Ann Taylor (thrifted). Tights, We Love Colors. Boots, Lauren Ralph Lauren. Sunglasses, Meow Meow. Earrings, thrifted. Bag, Merona.

Since I’m the queen of dropped food, greasy fingers, and mud smears, suede items become disposable. I keep them until they are hopelessly soiled and then they’re trash. Such a waste.


365 photos: bone broth made from the carcass of the dogs’ weekly chicken (used as training treats - the dogs do not feast on an entire chicken at once!) and my favorite agility dog (class resumed tonight!).


4 comments:

STAshworth said...

You can always try throwing a suede garment in the wash before trashing it. My sister-in-law did that with a beloved handbag, and it came out both clean AND useable.

Kasmira said...

Totally going to try washing with water and mild detergent! What do I have to lose?

Lorena said...

I wash suede, actually throw it in the delicate cycle with the largest load option. Nothing damaged yet.

DressUpNotDown said...

I had a suede shirt that I tossed in the wash and it came out fine, (I turned it into a vest so it doesn't have to be washed often now) Baby wipes are supposed to work too.

JJ
www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com