Friday, February 21, 2014

Heavy Footed

I was not pleased with this outfit. First, as much as I love these boots, they are too clunky to wear with a midi-length skirt. Second, this jacket, once a closet staple, just doesn’t suit my aesthetic anymore.


Jacket, Forever 21 (embellished). Dress, Cat Nichols (vintage and consignment). Boots, Audrey Brooke (consignment). Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, Julie’s Inspiration. Bag, Melie Bianco.


I’ll pair this dress with a shoe that shows the shape of my lower leg, next time. And the jacket went to the donation bag. I’ve had trouble parting with it in previous closet clean-outs because it’s linen and I love the ball trim I added to the waistline. Today, I realized that it doesn't mesh with my evolved style and it likely never will. (And I can always sew ball trim onto something else!) We had a good run:


I bought this jacket in July, 2007 (six and a half years ago)!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, tough to give up an old jacket, but I'm finding that too with a lot of my older things. The styles have changed and I don't like the same things I always used to.

Anonymous said...

Those boots never look too chunky though, and I'll go further and say that to me they're the most stylish, wearable, smart and yes, sexy boots you show on here.
As ever this is a great outfit, great style and just sells confidence and it's also a happy look too.

DressUpNotDown said...

It's so weird to realize that you no longer care for a piece of clothing that you once loved and loved to wear. Those are the hardest things for me to purge out of my closet.

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com