Saturday, October 12, 2013

Denver 2013 Capsule

As you might have gathered, I spent the last nine days roadtripping to Denver and back. As Beefy and I visited friends and relatives, they all asked the same question: “Why did you visit?” Our final answer: “To introduce Jasper to his first cousin once removed, Ollie” (the dog). That's as good of a reason as any, right?


It was also an excuse to experiment with another capsule wardrobe. I brought the following:

1 dress
1 pair of jeans
1 skirt
2 pairs of leggings
2 button-front shirts
1 tunic
1 turtleneck
1 tank
1 sweater
1 vest
2 pairs of boots
1 bag
1 hat
1 scarf

And I remixed those items like this:


It was a pretty compact wardrobe, but I still needed a big suitcase to also hold all of my running apparel. Jasper and I kept up our daily runs and even just four days* of cold-weather workout gear takes up a lot of space. We both needed the exercise. He had to get through four 10-hour days of driving and I had to fit into skinny jeans and that miniskirt.

*You did the math right. I washed clothes halfway through and took a day off on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must say, this is my favorite capsule you've ever done. I'm really inspired to mimic some of these combinations with my autumnal wear. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the first poster - great combinations! I'm still impressed by how much use you're getting out of that fab dress too!

Are you liking the jeans any better since you've worn them more?

~J

Kasmira said...

I think I maybe should have sized down in the jeans. Lesson learned! They are very comfy, though.