Thursday, September 05, 2013

Nothing To See Here

When I’m caught taking my own picture in public, I usually rush to the camera and pretend to be taking a picture of the background. I’ve had quite a few passers-by squint at the field of view, shake their heads, and continue on. Once, though, I had someone stop to discuss the artistic merits of the pillars supporting the I-80 Yolo bypass.

This view of a swampy arm of the American River and the underside of I-5 isn’t quite as aesthetically pleasing. I’m glad no one stopped to ask what was so interesting that it needed photographing.


Dress, Adrianna Pappel (consignment). Shoes, Carlos Santana. Sunglasses, Target. Earrings, Claire’s. Bag, Vieta.

4 comments:

ChoosyGal said...

Very sharp & sophisticated! Thumbs up!

Lorena said...

Beautiful dress -
I am terrified of getting caught while taking my own pictures.. it's like i'm doing something wrong.

Tiffany said...

That dress really showcases your new hair color. Both look great!

Anonymous said...

Tell people your learning how to use your camera so your ready for the shots you don't want to miss.