Monday, May 06, 2013

Dog Proof

This was one of those outfits I should have taken off before greeting Jasper at the end of the day. The chiffon blouse, lasercut “leather,” and openweave tights are certainly not dog-proof! I need to figure out how to sneak into the house and change before he realizes I’m there.


Jacket, Xhilaration. Blouse, Charlotte Russe. Skirt, Peppermint. Tights, Urban Outfitters. Boots, Style & Co (thrifted). Sunglasses, Target. Necklace, vintage gift. Belt, thrifted. Rings, antique, Black Hills Gold, Puzzrollrings, and My Sister’s Closet. Watch, Geneva.

Truthfully, Jasper does an impressive job of staying “off” when greeting me. He whines with the effort, but, for the most part, keeps all four paws on the ground. It’s pretty funny to see his entire rear end wiggling and hear his pig-like squeals of delight. The real danger to my outfits is when he gnaws on my jewelry in frustration at not being allowed to jump all over me.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, this is quite the outfit! Bling, faux leather, lacy tights - you are rocking it! Those tights are quite spectacular.

Yes, my kitty likes to put his paws up on my legs, and he's ruined/snagged a few pairs of tights.

laniza said...

I see elements of your old style (rose top) along with the new (leather skirt), which is pretty cool!

Tanya said...

My lab always greets me at the door. He doesn't jump but he immediately sticks his face between my knees. I always shield myself with anything I'm carrying before entering the house. The best way would be to take your clothes off before you go in but what would the neighbors say...

Anonymous said...

Ah, the joys of teaching the dog to respect the pack leaders' belongings. Our pup is only 5 pounds (6 months), so she can't jump quite as high, but she's still not fully clothing friendly yet.

Also, love that necklace!

~J

missthing said...

I love these tights! I have a bit of a tights obsession. It's really bad. I wish it wasn't too warm to wear tights now.