Saturday, February 02, 2013

Take Only Photographs

Beefy and I headed to Cache Creek this afternoon to birdwatch. We were committed to taking only pictures and leaving only footprints, but someone else was leaving bullet holes. The gunfire sent most of the wildlife into hiding and curtailed our walk down Rayhouse Road. We gave up and were headed out when we saw a bald eagle . . . Beefy’s first!


Jacket, Dex (swap). Short, Eddie Bauer (thrifte). Dress, Mossimo. Belt, thrifted. Boots, Vince Camuto. Sunglasses, Walgreen’s. Brooches, vintage and swap. Bag, Nine West.

In fact, I spotted the eagle as Beefy was taking the last of my outfit pictures! It came flying up the valley, not far above Cache Creek itself. Maybe he wanted his ensemble photographed, too? Unfortunately, the camera settings were adjusted for backlit Kasmira, not soaring eagles. We’ll catch you next time, buddy!



Photos by Beefy Muchacho.

2 comments:

SouthernGirl said...

I am from the South and here, bullets on a Saturday is pretty much expected. You may want to consider what we do, which is to limit our hikes to Sunday, since it is somewhat safer in my neck of the woods. Also, never wear camo..wear bright colors...your hair is not only gorgeous but will help you stand out from the critters! P.S. I have never commented before, but I LOVE this blog..only one I have ever followed.

Londyn said...

ADORE those boots.