Friday, February 08, 2013

Some Adjustment Required

This is not a skirt for getting in and out of the car a dozen times. Exiting, it splits and I’m thankful for the slip. Upon standing, I have to rearrange the waist wrap ties. (They creep up in back, while the skirt itself sags.) When it’s time to get back in the car, I use the “controlled fall method” to get my upper body, skirt, and legs tucked inside the vehicle. Still, you’ll see me wear it again on a day of sales calls. It’s just too beautiful to let languish in my closet.


Jacket, Forever 21 (overdyed). Blouse, INC (thrifted). Skirt, Thailand. Shoes, Lela Rose for Payless. Earrings, Epcot Morocco. Sunglasses, Betsey Johnson. Furry collar and brooch, vintage.

4 comments:

Yuri said...

I always love that thailand skirt of yours! :)


YURI
Check out my Fashion & Beauty blog:
http://twothousandthings.blogspot.com

maryeb said...

That skirt is definitely worth the extra effort. It's really beautiful on you.

Londyn said...

Yes, super beautiful!

Unknown said...

you always amaze me by making such statement pieces work in so many different pieces <3
xxx