Monday, December 24, 2012

Drowned

In search of a picture of the inferior sweater I mentioned in my last post, I was reminded of one of my favorite outfits, worn last October. I swapped out the shirt and boots and bag, added a jacket and hat, and rewore it today.


Jacket, H&M (thrifted). Sweater, Energie (thrifted). Shirt, Sans Souci. Tunic, Urban Behavior (swap). Leggings, Reebock. Boots, Matisse. Hat, Target. Sunglasses, Betsey Johnson. Nekclace, thrifted. Bag, H&M.

Last October:


Last time I wore this outfit, I had just left a great swim practice. It’s fitting that I wore it again on a day that seemed underwater. It’s been raining forever and we awoke to thick fog this morning. The American River, behind me, is swollen with runoff. I’ve been missing my swim workouts, but, at this rate, I won’t need to join a pool to get my swim on.


6 comments:

annabananna said...

I love the layers in this. Plus the scenery :)

Sheila said...

You look great in all these black and white patterns - love the action shot! All that rain, must be feeling like you're back in the Pacific Northwest. ;)

Hope you and Beefy and the kitties had a good holiday, Kasmira!

Anonymous said...

You've got a really great style! I'm definitely following now. ;)

Bad sister Zoot said...

Adorable!
Kasmira, would you mind sharing how you maintain your hair color? Mine is/was about the same color yours is now but I'm starting to go gray and keeping up with it is getting to be a hassle. Do you do it yourself? Mine looks best when I have it professionally highlighted but it's expensive and the red doesn't last very well. Yours always looks great.
Happy New Year! Thanks for your great blog!

Kasmira said...

I have my hair professionally colored every is weeks. The latest color was Wella Illumina in 7/43 (20 volume developer). In between appointments, I like to get a Sebastian Cellophanes in a red shade. It pumps up the fading red and adds tons if shine.

Kasmira said...

Every SIX weeks.