Monday, July 09, 2012

Creative Folk

I seldom worry about creating a unique outfit each day. I’ve done it over 1800 times since beginning this blog and I continue to generate lists of potential outfits for my inspiration folder. But the thought of being creative for a living is frightening. What if my ideas ran dry?

Tonight, I was thrilled to be in a room full of creative types at the Landor Associates UNLEASH dinner. We talked of dreams and inspiration and the creative process.


Shirt, White House Black Market (thrifted). Skirt, Thailand. Necklace, Serket Jewelry. Rings and cuff, vintage and gift. Bag, Fossil (gift). Sunglasses, Girlprops.




Photos by Beefy Muchacho Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 35 mm 1:1.8G lens

Greg, of Landor Associates, shared his thoughts on being creative for a living. First, inspiration is everywhere. There is literally no end to the supply if you keep an open mind. Second, we kill our own creativity with filters. Remove the filter and release your creativity.

His words really resonated with me. When it comes to style, I am inspired everyday and I have few filters between my ideas and execution. I’d like to apply that creative mindset to other areas of my life.

The dinner’s purpose was to unveil the window displays inspired by Ohio Knife’s journey to and performance at South by Southwest.


Cincinnati Landor employees followed Ohio Knife to SXSW as a part of an ongoing effort (called UNLEASH) to involve the community in the creative process. I wish I’d been on this road trip, because it sounded absolutely amazing and definitely inspiring. I’ll have to catch up with UNLEASH at the Bunbury Music Festival this coming weekend.

Creative inspiration is everywhere. We just have to open ourselves up to it.


Dinner with the creative folk.

4 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun evening, and you looked dynamite as always! Landor really outdid themselves.

Lorena said...

So true, we create our own filters and build up our own walls... it's good to be reminded of it.

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

Love the post.
Fab bag - my Pinterest bag board seems to be full of Fossil bags.

Jeannie said...

Looks like a fabulous event! And yes, you are very creative with your outfits! I need to get better at remixing my items more creatively! :)