Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Purchases

Well, so much for buying nothing in June (to save for my August cowboy boots*).

Macy’s
On the morning of The Little Black Dress Event, I got to work, pulled my leopard heels out of my bag, and discovered that they’d suffered a cosmetic injury during my commute. The flocking on the top of the right toe had been scraped away, leaving an ugly blemish. I wouldn’t be home to grab different shoes before the event and was unwilling to wear the marred pumps, so I scooted down to Macy’s.

There, I told the sales associate that I was looking for a closed-toe shoe in nude, turquoise, or coral. She brought me this pair (the very last pair in the store, in my size, and on sale!):

1. BCBGeneration Pimone in Parrot and Honey Brown, $50.68


I LOVE these shoes. I’ve been looking for a pair of turquoise shoes to replace my plastic Wild Diva** pair for a few years. These fit the bill and were comfortable enough for a night of standing, even on their first wearing.

Charming Charlie
It isn’t often that the Muchacho will consent to take me to Charming Charlie. While we were at the Crestview Hills Town Center for dinner, he agreed to 20 minutes in the store.

2. Tribal striped fedora, $14.97
3. Coral crossbody handbag, $34.97
4. Beaded “Moccasin” bangle, $12.97


As you can see, my coral/orange obsession continues.

June total: $113.59

Total spending for the year: $696.46

*I’m looking for a boot with a turquoise accents. Right now, I’m coveting the Ariat Chocolate Presidio Cowgirl Boot.
**Those Wild Diva shoes were so evil: plastic, stiff, and a hair too small. But the color couldn’t be beat. Until now.

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are fantastic shoes! I love the colour combo (I also am a sucker for turquoise shoes).

Love the coral/turquoise combo - no wonder you liked my July capsule preview!

Sylvia said...

Great finds...love the shoes!

Megan G said...

I love the red handbag. I carried a bright red bag for six years before it gave up the ghost.

morganvsmorgan said...

These are beautiful, I reckon they're a great alternative to the ones you used to own, and cheap too!

Anonymous said...

I've admired those shoes each time you've worn them — what a lucky find!

I've been on the lookout for turquoise shoes of my own for the past year, but I have yet to find the right pair.

Lorena said...

Your new shoes are fabulous !!!
The colors are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Hope I get to boot shop with you in Aug!! ABC

Kasmira said...

ABC - I wouldn't dream of shopping without you!