Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Biz and Caz

When I travel, the dress code is business casual, with at least one casual evening event. Instead of packing a second outfit for dinner, I choose pieces that do double duty. This dress can be made suitable for work or play.

Work mode:


Jacket, Forever 21 (embellished by me). Dress, Mossimo. Shoes, New York and Co. Necklace, Anthropologie. Bracelets, The Bead Factory and Claire’s.



For dinner, I removed the blazer, traded my flats for cowboy boots, and added hat:


Here I come, Atlanta!

9 comments:

Stacy aka Stacybeads said...

Hope you're enjoying yourself in my stomping grounds. The boots seem a bit hot for this weather, but they do look great. :)

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Nice switcheroo! that necklace is a beauty, and great with your coloration.

Michelle @ Dream Home DIY said...

OH!! I just got back from a work conference in Atlanta and LOVED it. We or course visited all the "touristy" spots. In fact I posted a round up of all the fun things to do if you're interested in checking it out

http://dreamhomediy.blogspot.com/2011/05/trip-to-a-t-l.html

Jodi said...

I love the PLAY version.. rockin boots!!! xo xoJ

dcresider said...

I just discovered your bog via sheilaephemera.blogspot.com. I'm totally new to the blogging thing and am thoroughly enjoying your blog. keep them coming.

Victoria said...

Love the embellishment. That's very clever and pretty.

Julie said...

I would never have thought to throw olive green and plum together but it really works! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I'm really loving the way you styled your dresses/accessories on 6/7 and 6/8! Gives me some color combination ideas.

Londyn said...

I love how you reworked this!