Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Red Poncho

Poncho, Newport News. Dress, vintage, thrifted, and shortened. Tights, Merona. Lace-up pumps, Isaac Mizrahi for Target.

(I think these are the earliest picture I’ve ever taken for this blog. They were snapped at 5:45 a.m. Someone put me out of my misery!)

This is poncho number two. I bought it to wear in the office when I got cold, but I never used it there, preferring a wrap to the poncho. I finally brought it home after two sad years of hanging in my cube. I’m hoping to incorporate it into my wardrobe, both work and casual.



6 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, that's awfully early to be up, much less not look like you crawled out of bed! My hat's off to you!

I love the red poncho - very dramatic! Also love the tights! I need some of those.

Anonymous said...

this red poncho is oh so very "little red riding hood"...just grab a basket and skip off to grandmas house! very cute. :)

estrella said...

Well done, it's too beautiful to keep it hidden!

Kim said...

When I was a wee little lass, my favorite article of clothing was a purple and pink poncho.
I want a red one now, but really any color will do.

Katy said...

I like this outfit! Normally I'm not a fan of red/white/black, but you make it work! (As usual ;-)).

Rosemary West said...

It's a nice poncho, but somehow this outfit just says "visiting nurse" to me.