Friday, August 29, 2008

Dirndl

Skirt, thrifted and altered. Tank, Mossimo. Jacket, Forever 21. Autumnal hair clip, made by me. Moccasins, Me Too.

I found this skirt while thrifting a few weeks ago. I snagged it for the color, pockets, and bias cut. However, the below-the-knee length was terribly dowdy. I cut off six inches and stitched ball trim to the hem. I hand-stiched the trim backstage during the last two performances of Noir Suspicions. I mentioned that the skirt was apparently vintage and one of my castmates likened it to the dirndl skirts that were popular in the 70’s. Perhaps it is from that era.



I dressed in this outfit for a night at the movies with Mike. Unfortunately, by the time we needed to leave for the 9:55 p.m. showing, I was too sleepy, so this outfit never left the house. Now I can’t submit it to Wardrobe Remix. (One of the rules is that you must wear your outfit somewhere besides your own domicile. I suppose the intent is to keep the pool “street style.”) I guess I’ll just have to wear it again.

6 comments:

Katy said...

Wow, I really love that skirt! You did a great job with it and your outfit is really nice. I'm like you in the sense that I love color and as much as I love wearing loads of colors, I also love being matchy-matchy.

Kim said...

If I were a little more confident in my sewing skills, I'd be braver with what I pick up at the thrift store. Right now I only deal with button replacement.
I love the color combo here; totally Fall.

Kelly said...

I love your hair clips!

Pattyannie said...

I love the skirt! Have you ever bought anything from shopgoodwill.com? It is one of my favorite places.

Ivy Frozen said...

I too love your hair clips and all the autumn colors you've been sporting lately.

Kasmira said...

Pattyannie - I love shopgoodwill.com! I usually look for jewelry there.