Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nanny No More

Sheer green blouse, Forever 21. Black shrug, INC. Red belt, Xhilaration. Denim mini, American Standard Tyte (thrifted). Gray leggings, Target. Red, peep-toe flats, New York & Company. Green beaded earrings, import store in Okinawa, Japan.

The nanny look was a bit too formal for my Wyoming Players annual meeting, so I swapped out my pants and pumps for a mini, leggings, and flats. I also substituted a crazy, crinkly ponytail for the uptight French twist. I couldn’t escape the Christmas connotations, though. When my husband saw me at 9:00 p.m. (for the first time today), he went on and on about my weird Christmas outfit.

My legs look kind of odd and shortened in the top photo, but a bit more normal here, with my baby Zoro.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just say no to lettings

Anonymous said...

ok...i'd have to say lose the leggings or wear black ones. to match the shrug. the gray just doesnt tie in.

mad-scientist said...

very odd look...might look better with black leggings and lose the belt