Monday, April 16, 2007

Velvet April

White lace blouse with center ruffle, Newport News. Wine velvet faux wrap dress, New York & Co. Brown pumps, Mossimo. Metal and enamel earrings, World Market.

I always have issues lighting my shots. The flash seems so harsh, but I usually need it indoors. In this particular room, at this time of day, a flash doesn’t seem necessary, but the colors are dull if I don’t use it. Additionally, natural lighting tends to highlight my wrinkles and bags, unless I’m facing the source or it is completely diffused. Once again, my vanity won out and I used the flash to erase my age lines. You get a better idea of the dress’ color and texture below (with no flash).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really need to be standing up to show off what that dress is about. or was the outfit bad? Velvet/velour is alwasy a gamble. We want to know!

Kasmira said...

You can see it "standing up" (with a different shirt) here: Librarian

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

This dress is stunning. So far the best piece in your wardrobe. I love it. Amazing photos too, especially the one above.