Sunday, April 01, 2007

Camo Dress

Camouflage dress, Mossimo (swap from fraghag). Pink corduroy jacket, Forever 21 (up for swap – anyone want it?) Wedges, Montego Bay Club. Purse, Nine West.

After wearing camouflage utilities for over four years, I thought I’d never want to wear it again. I guess I’ve finally left the military far enough behind me that I find the pattern appealing again. Even my husband had to admit that a camouflage dress has an ironic appeal.

Fraghag (who is a much lovelier person than her moniker would suggest) swapped this dress to me in return for a belt. I think I got the best end of the trade! When it arrived, it had a matching cord attached to tie around the neck, halter-style. I didn’t like it, so I cut it off and tied the cord around my bust as an empire waisted belt. The modified dress is pictured below, without the jacket (WARNING: Blindingly white skin alert!!!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE that dress! It just looks like such a perfect fit, as though it was made especially for you :)