Saturday, March 31, 2007

Old Dress

Red sundress with white flowers, All That Jazz. Black, long-sleeved tee, Mossimo. Dark jeans, Calvin Klein. Red patent belt, Xhilaration. Red patent peep-toe flats, New York & Company. Cherry earrings, Claire’s Boutique. Blue purse, Wilson’s Leather.

I bought this dress in February, 1995 at a spring clearance sale at the Mariposa in the Bellis Fair Mall (Bellingham, WA). It came with a white denim vest that had a make-up stain. I tossed the vest, as I didn’t like it anyway. I’ve been wearing this dress for 12 years now. Does that make it vintage?

This is the first time I’ve worn it over jeans, or layered it at all. I think it’s neat to take something that you’ve owned forever and wear it in a totally new way.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, just wanted to let you know I LOOOOVE that bag...gimmie lol

Kasmira said...

I JUST bought the bag, so I'm sure you could still find it at Wilson's!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!
This is the first time I visit your blog. I must say you have a qute style and love the way you mix colours =)

Anonymous said...

i like to spell cute with a q.
and colors with a u.
and i don't like cats.
or giant belts that aren't being used as a belt.
....... and you don't match.

Anonymous said...

anonymous: don't be so bloody ignorant. the lady has the decency to show herself wheres your blog so we can have a dig at you.

Mona said...

I like this blog. and your cats. :)

Kathleen's Page said...

I'm not a fan of the black long-sleeved tee...not flattering with bright red. (your belt is really cute though:) Whenever wearing a dress over jeans...dark-wash skinny jeans are best.